Overview of Specifications ^
1 VCO monophonic
patchable (modular) synthesizer
Voltage Controlled Oscillator -
- Scale: 32', 16', 8', 4'
- VCO waveforms: triangle, saw, pulse
- VCO module inputs: Oct/V; Freq. A; Freq. B; PWM
- VCO module outputs: triangle; saw; pulse
Voltage-controlled low-pass filter -
- Fc & peak controls
- VCF cutoff FM control
- VCF module inputs: signal in; cutoff frequency
- VCF module output: signal out
Voltage Controlled Amplifier -
- Low cut filter & intensity controls
- VCA module inputs: signal in; control in
- VCA module output: signal out
Envelope Generator 1 -
- Attack, Decay, Sustain & Release controls
- EG 1 module input: trigger in
- EG 1 module outputs: 2 x positive-going; 1 x negative-going
Envelope Generator 2 -
- Hold, Delay, Attack & Release controls
- EG 2 module input: trigger in
- EG 2 module outputs: 2 x positive-going; delay trigger out
Modulation Generator (LFO) -
- Frequency, PW/PWM & FM intensity controls
- MG module inputs: freq. in; PWM in
- MG module outputs: triangle; saw; inverted saw; square (PW) out
Additional modules/features include:
Adding amplifier; Voltage supply; Integrator (slew generator); Inverter;
additional VCA; Ring Modulator; Sample & Hold; Noise Generator; Divider;
audio amplifier; voltmeter; trigger switch; multiples - 3 x 3, 1 x 6; headphone amplifier.
Each module (VCO, VCF, VCA, etc.) is independent from every
other module so you can set up your own patches exactly the way you want.
With the MS-50, the sounds you create are completely your own. Since there are no arbitrary internal connections, you can explore the sphere of sound synthesis without restrictions. As an incredibly flexible main unit for non-keyboard controlled synthesis, the MS-50 is unparalleled."
"Patch system expansion unit with independent modules for complete programming flexibility.
Equipped with a range of modules you would expect to find on a studio-type synthesizer, the MS-50 includes VCO, VCF, VCA, two envelope generators, voltage controlled modulation generator, 3-channel DC voltage mixer (adding amp), ring modulator, divider, integrator, inverter and sample & hold. All connections are made externally via the complete patch system to give you unrestricted control."